Friday, October 28, 2011

A Change in my Heart

So, my whole world has turned completely around.  I've gone from angry and sad, to happy and giddy all the time.  I don't have a specific reason to be happy all the time but I just am.  I have new and wonderful friends, I have a job (whew), I have school (kinda), I have a great family, I have new clothes (:D), I had a crush for a while (which was fun, but over lol).  I have just so much in my life that is positive and great that I can't help find peace and comfort in it all.  I read a poem a friend wrote a few days ago and it made me think.  
"...The waters that flowed along the rolling hills
The streams whose currents carved the very face
Of my portrait seem to have dried up
Now a miry pit of mud and despair

Yellow, sweet yellow is gone
All the other colors I would have expected
To depart from me at this time
But, gone, gone, gone, gone is my yellow.

I am waiting for the rest to go.
My mind draws a blank
My image is fading
Gone is the portrait,"
-Joe Willes
(I hope he's ok that I used his poem)

It just made me think of all the people in our lives that come and go but change who we are.  Some of them leave scars and others change our hearts but they all help shape us into the people we are.  Whether they are family or friends or examples we look up to they all shape us.  I have scars from people that are gone in my life, I've had people who let me down, and I have had people lift me up but they have all made me a stronger and better person.  Some have shown me what I don't want to be others have shown what I want to be.  It was such an eye-opening message for me.  It helped me cope with some of the pain that I have been dealing with and see it in a different light.  So, maybe next time something happens, someone leaves, someone dies, someone lets me down.  I can look at the experience and see how they changed me for the better or made me stronger because of the experience.  My heart is changed for so many reasons.  It's a little more guarded towards love but it's also open to truth and light.  It's also opened more for friends and good examples in my life.  My face glows a little more right now, there's a little bit of a bounce in my step, there is a brighter color of green in my eyes... I feel amazing.  I'm content with my life.  I have goals and direction.  I have friends who support the choices I'm making in my life.  How could I not be a happy woman right now?! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment